Lost Packets in certain customer VLANs Trunked over ME

Unanswered Question
Mar 18th, 2009

I work for a service provider that configures CPE networks for our customers. We have one customer that we are setting up a Disaster Recovery site over Metro Ethernet. The customers servers need L2 connectivity to the data center for redundancy. The customer wants their VLANs on their 4510 mirrored on a 3750 at the DR site. A gigabit ME VLAN was setup through our ME network between the 2 sites. The 3750 and 4510 were staged at the customer site and tested before the 3750 was moved to the remote DR site and connected by ME.

The 3750 and 4510 were directly connected on a dot1q trunk between the two switches. About 18 vlans are trunked between the 2 switches, about 15 of which have L3 Vlan interfaces configured.

The issue we are having is that packets are getting dropped, on certain customer vlans, but not others. All Vlans worked properly when the 3750 was directly connected to the 4510 at the datacenter.

Our network engineers in charge of the ME noticed MAC-Flap errors on ME switches at the Data Center and the DR site. It see the Mac Address of Interface Vlan 101 and Interface Vlan 318 of the 3750 switch on both the customer access port on both ME 3400 switches (uni) and the ME trunk ports (nni). No other vlans are having issues with lost packets, or connectivity.

On ME 3400 switch uni tunnel port is vlan 459. Native vlan is 540 on 3400 and is the switch mgt vlan.

Has anyone run into this before?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion