cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Analyzer will not read the Syslog file

amrdec-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CiscoWorks LMS3.0.1 and I can see the syslog.log file increasing, but when I go into the RME to look at the syslog entries, there are not any. What should I look at in CiscoWorks to make it work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The filters are defined under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters. Please post a screenshot of that page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer processes are running, and check that the Analyzer is subscribed to the Collector under RME > Tools > Syslog > Syslog Collector Status. Make sure that the messages being written to the log are valid syslog messages. You want to see the Forwarded count increasing the the Syslog Collector Status. Additionally, check your filters to make sure you are not filtering out the messages arriving in the syslog.log.

I have checked the processes and they are running and the analyzer is subsucribed, I see the count increasing there and I have no filters, (that I know of) in place, where can I check for sure.

The filters are defined under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters. Please post a screenshot of that page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: