Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License questions

I have one box that has expired optional feature keys (i.e. centralized management, AS etc).

Since the box has mta Perpetual license. it will continue to function as normal mta. However, does it still, in theory, entitle to software upgrade?

I do see upgrade release available in my list though.

Thanks and cheers.
Chris

5 Replies 5

chhaag
Level 1
Level 1

You also purchased a support contract. Upgrades are tied to the support contract. In theory, if your support contract expires you will no longer have access to AsyncOS upgrades. In practice, you may find you can upgrade but we reserve the right to prevent upgrades for out of support appliances in the future.

I recommend you contact your sales representative to explore renewal options, I bet there is a solution that will guarantee upgrades and provide you access to our support team that is cost effective for your organization.

cheers

Thanks for your reply.

Another "weird" question, I know I know...

It seems to me that M-series use the same C-series hardware.
Can I convert my C-series to M-series (currently, I have no M-series in my environment)? by applying differrent license key?

They seems to be running same AsyncOS, just different applications to me.....

Cheers.
Chris

Pardon me. I believe M-Series runs same hardware as X-series, not C-series.

Also, the M-Series apps comes default pre-loaded and it's not by activation via feature keys.

Even though the M,C,X and S all run on the similiar hardware there is no way to copy across the AsyncOS.
The Operating system which defines what the box does is non transferable, what you can do however is turn an out of support unit into a windows or unix box, but not AsyncOS i'm afraid, if you could do this then the whole planet would be doing it.

Also the M-Series is not necessarily the X-Hardware as there is now a M160 1U appliance.

Thank you for everyone's reply. Very clear to me now.

(and nope, we dont' mean to convert without paying the license key, but we are trying to think cost-saving since there is one extra hardware here. And yes, applicance are not just a simple piece of hardware. i get the point).

and in fact, the license seems to be just cost as much as the total applicance... :?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: