Music on Hold Issue

Unanswered Question

I have an CUCM 5.1 server with an IP integration to an Avaya Communications Manager. On ext to ext calls between the two systems, when the cisco phone puts the avaya phone on hold the call is dropped. cisco to cisco holds work fine and pstn to cisco calls hold works fine to. I have attached the ccm traces and a wireshark trace of the issue.

I really fell this is an issue on the avaya side and am just lokking for something in the traces that will help mee prove this.

Cisco ext 5165 calls Avaya ext 1609.The wireshark trace is from the avaya phone and the call drops around line 1500.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shane.orr Sun, 03/22/2009 - 09:42

I did not look through the logs but when someone tells me that it disconnects when you put the call on hold and it is traversing a SIP Trunk that usually hasw to do with supplementary service support and a Media Termination Point (MTP) is required. For testing I would make sure that your SIP Trunk is in a Device Pool with a Region that talks G711 to all other regions. In the device pool also assign a Media Resource Group List containing Media Resource Group containing MTP. For testing software MTP (Call Manager) is fine.

Unfortunately I dont have any good advice on the Avaya side.

shane.orr Sun, 03/22/2009 - 09:57

Here is some better info on the interoperability portal

In particular this doc talks about that problem and other caveats / resolutions.

I am only assuming you are doing a SIP integration but the portal covers several other types of integrations to Avaya.

This Discussion