cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME device identified like Normal devices, but question mark.

pvignaud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

LMS 3.1 - Solaris 10.

I've few devices that're in the "Normal Devices" section but are linked to "Unknown Device Type".

The snmpget works and the device is being polled but there's no inventory collection information at all.

Even a direct snmpwalk from the server works.

If I take a look at the device inside "Device Center", no Inventory Collection are present.

I've different kind of models in this list.

All device packages are installed. Cmf, cvw, rme packages are up to date.

Thanks.

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the sysObjectIDs from these devices?

I give you few different examples :

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.5.58

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.485

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.5.59

I don't think that's objectID related, because it seems to be a lot of different objectID.

Thanks.

This could be caused by a bad MDF. How do the devices show up in Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management?

Same thing in CS.

Check my jpg.

All devices are in "Unknown Device Type"

Thanks.

Please post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file. You are sure that all 188 of these devices are in a Normal state in RME, and not Pre-deployed?

Yes, they're "?" in the Normal section and not in the Pre-deployed group.

Thanks.

Remove one of these unknown devices from DCR, then re-add it. Leave the type as unknown, but make sure you enter the correct SNMP credentials. If RME auto-sync is enabled, wait a minute or two, then check the device's status. If RME auto-sync is not enabled, go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Add. Add the device from DCR, and see if its type changes.

I've deleted one node from the DCR (common services) for all applications.

After that, I've re-add manually inside "Common Services" ... "Device Management".

Inside RME the device was pending and after few seconds in Normal, still "?".

I've ran a snmpwalk from LMS (command line) to the device. It's take me around 5 minutes to gets through all MIBs. Could it be a timeout somewhere ?

Post the EssentialsDM_Server.log and EssentialsDM.log.

see attached file

Enable DeviceManagement Operations debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings. Delete one of the unknown devices from DCR, and re-add it. Wait until the device becomes normal in RME, then post the same logs.

I've done this, same thing.

Check the Essentials*.log files.

There does appear to be a problem here, but it is not clear exactly where the problem is. A sniffer trace would need to be captured. I recommend you open a TAC service request so additional data can be captured.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: