cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the 7915 expansion module with wireless headset HHC adaptor

Champaignrp_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have the 7962G ip phones currently using the Plantronics CS70N wireless headsets. We use the HHC adaptors to avoid using the lifters. We are now wanting to add the 7915 expansion modules. However, both the HHC adaptor and the expansion module plug into the AUX port on the 7962G phone. Of which there is only one. Any ideas on how to get them to all work together?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

R

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robin,

I thought this was a pretty interesting question :) We love the HHC as well but I haven't had to use one with an "add-on" module like the 7915 yet. I just got one working in our Lab (on a 7914) by using a couple of extra parts. The HHC can plug into the second "Aux" port on the back of the 7914/15 but the problem is the cord on the HHC is not long enough. Get yourself a RJ11 female to female 6 wire line cord coupler and a 6 wire line cord (must be straight through and not a "rolled" or cross-over). Plug the "Aux" cord from the HHC into the coupler along with one end of the new 6 wire line cord. The other end of the 6 wire line cord into the second "Aux" port on the 7914/15 and violla ....Bob's your Uncle, it works like a charm.

Make sure the new 6 wire line cord is not rolled as the first one that I tried was and the pin-outs do not line up properly, once I put a new end on it was good to go!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

It most certainly helped!! And works like a charm!!! :) Just got dial tone through the headset, like music to my ears! I send you many many thanks!

Robin

Hi Robin,

Good stuff my friend! You are most welcome. I must say the HHC's really kick butt compared to the "old" lifters.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: