Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Server agent kit fails to install

dhsiso-mthyer
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have recently begun deploying CSA version 6 to servers in my environment. Most of the agent kit installs have gone smoothly; however, I have run into an issue on two hosts. The agent kit installation silently fails. I can't find any indication in the server's app or system logs and I can't find any installation log from the agent (local directory not yet created). The systems are both running Windows Server 2003 with MSSQL server 2005. Is there a log file somewhere that will indicate the issue? Has anyone run into this problem?

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Look in \Program Files\Cisco for an install log.

You can also create a kit that is not silent so you can see the progress.

Tom

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the directory "\Program Files\Cisco" does not get created. Apparently the install fails prior to creation. I will try creating a non-silent installation kit to see if I get any additional clues.

Sounds good, there may be something else (possibly SQL related) blocking and that may give you some clues.

There may also be something under

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{DE499746-67B9-11D4-97CE-0050DA10E5AE}

but may be unlikely if it never installs.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: