cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC SSM low performance with Internet Access

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

I was diverting the traffic http to CSC for two machines only but the connection is terrible low.

I checked the HTTP inspection on ASA but is disable.

Everyone have any idea about this terrible problem?

6 Replies 6

Hi Daniel,

What version of software is your CSC running? If it is not running 6.2.1599.5, I would recommend upgrading to this version as a first step. There are many bugs that can cause the slow connection speeds you are experiencing in older versions of CSC software.

-Mike

Hi Robert,

thank you for your attention,

I made a upgrade to version 6.2.1599.5 yet.

Today I done many tests and I disable the URL Filtering, after this, I saw my internet connection it's normal again...

I Think so, URL Filtering is very hard to use same with CSC SSM 20.

Thank you very much.

cchubb
Level 1
Level 1

Check and see if TCP/HTTP is also included in your CSC inspect policy.

If you are using the ASDM tool you can edit the policy line item and remove it.

See if this helps your connection.

Perhaps someone else can comment on the difference between disabling scanning, and the inspection policy?

Realized after posting this that you seemed to have solved your problem.

Chris

Systems Consultant

UNIS LUMIN Inc.

Chris,

I too have a similar issue with my content filter.  Until just recently out network was running with an inspection policy with TCP/HTTP being used.  This would filter web traffic for inappropriate web sites.  The policy work fine, and traffic to my 100m pipe was great upload 75Mbps.  Now all of a sudden it has drop significantly (upload 20Mbps).

I have since updated my Content filter to 6.6.1125.0 but still no change.

Just Trouble-shooting I disable the URL filter from the Trend Micro UI, and it allow that inappropiate traffic in.  This also happen when I re-enable the URL filter, but drop the policy.

I need to be able to filter/block traffic from inappropriate website, and still have a good speed on my network.  Any thoughts!

mike

CSC-SSM-10

App. Status Desc:   CSC SSM scan services are available

App. version:       6.6.1125.0

Data plane Status:  Up

HTTP Service:       Up                                                         

HTTPS Service:      Up                                                         

Mail Service:       Up                                                         

FTP  Service:       Up                                                         

Activated:          Yes         

App. Status Desc:   CSC SSM scan services are available

App. version:       6.6.1125.0

Data plane Status:  Up

HTTP Service:       Up                                                         

HTTPS Service:      Up                                                         

Mail Service:       Up                                                         

FTP  Service:       Up                                                         

Activated:          Yes          

Hi Mike,

Only one thought from me. If nothing else has changed on the configuration, check the Trend Micro licensing.

How much time is left on your license?

Unfortunately i've had a couple of customers with CSC-SSM modules having problems that were not solvable and they have given up on this product.  I now guide my customers towards Ironport devices instead of the CSC-SSM.

Let me know what you find out.  Also, check around on this site as i believe there are some other discussions involving problems with these modules.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for the input. The Security Plus Licensing  is about 50 days away from expiring. I'm in the process of getting it renewed.  I will let you know if that resolves the issue.

I will also look at other posting to see if there any else I can try, in terms of trouble-shooting.

Thanks again

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: