Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC and Wireless Problems

walter.perera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all:

I'm struggling with this issue since long time.

I have a CIPC (ver 2.0.1.64) that works fine in the Company LAN.

When I try to use it at home, where I have a Cisco Linksys Wireless router (connected to ADSL modem), and I try to use CIPC, (using Client VPN to connect to the Company), the VPN connects fine, but the CIPC keeps on "registering" status.

But when I connect to VPN using UTP cable connected to router, CIPC works fine!

I'm going crazy...

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

Walter

15 Replies 15

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Walter, sorry if I'm missunderstanding your issue, but IP Phones are registered with CCM using MAC address, probably you have configured the MAC of your fast-ethernet port on the CCM, to use Wireless connection, you need to configure the MAC of your wireless adapter too.

Hope this help

David

Hello David.

Thanks for your reply. From other people experience, that have the same CIPC and wireless Linksys, they can connect using VPN and Wireless without configuring Wireless MAC.

Thanks again.

Regards

Hi Walter, in your CCM, do you have auto-registration enable?

Best regards

David

Make sure that you can ping the CCM.

Open your IP Communicator and right click on the screen. Selecet "Preference" and then go to "Network" tab.

What is the Mac Address selected for "Device Name"? Is it the Mac Address of your network card or the Mac Address of the VPN? From the drop down menu, switch the Mac Address. Close the IP Communicator and reopen it.

MK

Hi MK:

I can ping CCM. The MAC that IP phone is using is the NIC MAC.

Thanks!

W.

Hi David:

Yes, auto registration is enabled.

Regards

Walter

Try to select the VPN Mac Address and see if it works.

MK

Hi Walter, also verify that the selected MAC (VPN or Wireless adapter) is already register in your CallManager (Device->Phone->SEPMACVPN or Wireless).

All the best

David

Hi David:

We tried by changing network interface in the CIPC, but no result. It should have auto registered but, it didn't.

What is most crazy about this is that some other people that have same connectivity, do not have issues, while others have different kind of issues, such as, not being able to be heard by the other party involved....

Thanks for all your support

We had random problems with UPC not IPC, we had to remove the following statements from our ASA:

no inspect h323 h225

no inspect h323 ras

no inspect skinny

no inspect sip

Not sure if that will help you.

Hi J.

In fact our firewall is Checkpoint (as well as VPN client).

As a reference you can find the results from Wireshark when using wireless and wired.

Hi all:

Finally (and unluckly) I have found the solution.

I have installed a DD-WRT firmware on my Linksys router and, it works!

I did not make any config changes, only basic PPPOE config.

Linksys should take care of this I think.

Thanks for all.

Regards

W.

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Walter,

I'm not an CIPC expert, but if it is like any hard phone, you will need to tell it what the IP address of the TFTP server is....

When you are on the corporate LAN, the software gets the IP through the DHCP process...but you probably do not have option 160 enabled for the DHCP through the VPN?

Here is the link to the user's guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/2_1/english/user/guide/cug21book.pdf

Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your info, but TFTPs are configured manually in the softphone.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: