cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

to find the switch port

ullasmoopz
Level 1
Level 1

In a CM 4.1 environment how can I identify the exact switch port no., that a ip-phone is connected, without accessing any router or switch. Is there any way to find...?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you mean from CUCM, there is no way to find it. CUCM does not have that info

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thank you for your replay, java.

I mean from CUCM or ip-phone or by any means, but not by accessing any router or switch.

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way to find out this information w/o getting on the switches. You would need to get on the switch and view the mac address table or use cdp to track down where the phones is plugged in.

andylee100
Level 1
Level 1

This probably won't help, but on CM 6.1 with CER running, you can go to CER Administration/ERL Membership/Switch Ports, find a phone, then click View. It will show the Switch IP Address, Switch HostName and Port Name.

I have no idea if there is anything like this with CM 4.1 or if you have Cisco Emergency Response going.

OPen a browser and enter the IP Address of the phone then click enter. A new page will open, on the left side click on the "network" and scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for "Neighbor Port". That's the port where your phone is connected. You can also see the switch name and the IP Address and tons of other interesting info.

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: