cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B Radios Seem to Reset

d-berlinski
Level 1
Level 1

I see the the following log entries quite regularly in the logs of all of my controllers. I am running 4.2 and 5.2 code. Does any one know why this is happening??

Thu Mar 19 05:27:32 2009 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Up: Base Radio MAC:00:14:6a:73:83:d0 Cause=Admin Configured

2 Thu Mar 19 05:27:32 2009 AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:00:14:6a:73:83:d0 Cause=Admin Configured

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the WLC, if you do the CLI command "sh ap eventlog ", do you see a line that goes like "%LWAPP-5-RLDP: RLDP stopped on slot 0." and then your radios go down/up?

If so, you need to set the AP's to detect whether you are operating in PoE or Injector. Go to Monitors -> All APs -> Choose the AP -> Advanced Tab and under Power Over Ethernet Settings choose Pre-Standard State if you are not using an Injector. If you are, choose Power Injector State -> Installed.

This is what I get from the CLI when this happens...

*Mar 20 07:18:59.994: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to reset

*Mar 20 07:19:00.003: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

The PoE is also checked as appropriate. If it was a PoE negotiation issue, wouldn't the 'A' radios reset also? This only happend for the 'B' radios.

Not always. Usually it's the other way around though. A radios usually drop first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card