cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial peers help needed, where did i go wrong?

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi I had two nice and simple dial peers working on two E1 lines.I used the preference command so that 1 would act as a backup. see below

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description local calls to isdn30

translation-profile incoming ddi2

preference 1

destination-pattern 0.T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0:15

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description calls to backup isdn

translation-profile incoming incomingddi

preference 2

destination-pattern 0.T

incoming called-number 201....

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15

My problems started when my customer wanted to send 0800 number out on the backup line. I removed the two simple peers above and I expanded my dial peers and most outgoing calls started failing. It seems my dial peers are not matching. I attach the config that caused my problems because it easier to see. Take a look and tell me if you see why i cant Dial 0.07xxxxxxxx for example the call fails when i get to 0.07.

regards colin

6 Replies 6

My guess is that your dial peer 4 is too short of a pattern. If you add a T to the destination pattern you might see a different result.

-nick

thanks for your reply but dial peer 4 is for dialled numbers 1XX and works, my problem is with numbers 01XXXXXXXX to 07XXXXXXXX like dial peer 5.

regards

colin

Could be that because you are using POTS, it will match on the 0.07... only only send out the ...... Any match on a POTS dial-peer will result in that actual matches number not being sent to line- add Forward ( the number of digits you need ) ???

the peer is never matched as soon as i dial and get to 007 the call fails no digits are sent.

regards

colin

Do a DNA on CCM to confirm the route, GW?

Try doing a 'show dialplan number [number you are trying to dial]' and see what peers it thinks it wants to match

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: