cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Reboot Call Manager giving "Service not activated" on all services

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

I recently rebooted a call manager 5.1 box. All the phones successfully failed over to the secondary call manager, but after reboot now when I check the service status on the primary call manager all the services show as "service not activated." What does this mean? Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit stumped.

Thanks!

Steve

6 Replies 6

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't seen this behavior before, this must be a bug of some kind if the services were activate before the reboot and not afterwards.

You can go to the Serviceability section and go to Service Activation to enable these services.

I would be interested in why these would be not activated, though.

It won't let me activate them from the serviceability section becuase Tomcat isn't running, and it won't let me start Tomcat from the command line because it is showing up as "service not activated." Was hoping someone had run into this one before. Sounds like it might be a bigger issue though...

Funny I'm currently troubleshooting the indentical thing with one of our customer's. If I find anything I'll update you and if you find anything please update the post :)

Thx!

Thanks. Please let me know anything that you find out and I will do the same!

Check your diskspace; ours was 100 percent full. We had to remove some files/cleanup and TAC had to upload a file services.conf via root access to resolve. Not sure if we needed the services.conf or if a disk cleanup alone would have resolved it....

My disk space looks really full as well... Hopefully I can delete some files and get things back functional, otherwise I'll have to call TAC and get them involved as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: