cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 calling/ANI number question

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CCM 4.1 with one gateway 2821 (configured as H.323) with two E1 connections from two different providers.

One E1 connection to PSTN network and One E1 connection to GSM mobile phone Network.

Directory numbers are 70XX to 73XX and i use external phone number mask setting in phone administration page of callmanager to config calling numer and the last four digits are equal to directory number 70XX to 73XX for the E1 connection of PSTN network.

The problem is that i also want to have an external phone number mask for my E1 GSM conection that is diferent from the calling number of E1 connection to PSTN network.

For example if i have calling number of 123470XX for E1 PSTN i will have 111130XX for E1 GSM on the same phone. In this case of direct mapping 70XX to 30XX i don't have problem. The problem is that i don't have the same number o external phone numbers for E1 in GSM networks as i have in E1 to PSTN network so i will have to choose the most important Directory numbers to map and make exceptions.For example 7340 to 3065

If i use a translation-profile in gateway i'm limited to only 15 rules for voice translation-rule and this is not enough.

Using a translation pattern in CCM i think is not scalable too.

Soo any one have sugestions?

Thks

Best Regards

Mc

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In fact, you can have as many translation profile and rules you want on the GW. Just match the calling number via answer-address, and apply the translation there:

voice translation-profile pro100

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /123/ /456/

dial-peer voice 100 voip

answer-address 123

translation-profile pro100 incoming

Repeat with a different DP, profile and rule for each number you need to translate. Sometime, you optimize that by grouping numbers in patters for the answer-address.

Hi,

I didn't understand you very well.

My problem is with outgoing calls

so shouldn't i have a config like that if i want transform directy number 7050 to 5463050 for GSM network:

voice translation-profile pro100

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /70/ /54630/ --->/***70XX to 54630XX***/

rule 2 /7345/ /5463045/ -->/***Exception example 7345 to 55463045 ***/

dialpeer-voice 100 pots

translation-profile pro100 outgoing

destination-pattern XXXXXXXX

port 1/0/0

direct-direct-inward-dial

forward-digits all

I can only config one translation profile outgoing in DP right? So i my exceptions are limited to 14 righ?

Best Regards

Thks

MC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: