cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Conference, No Active Call

caseym
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco Unified Contact Center call center system that integrates with our Cisco Unified Call Manager. We are using Cisco 7941 phones with the Cisco Agent Desktop software on our clients in the call center. I have 1 user who is having and strange problem and I'm at a loss. He uses the Conferencing feature to actually make a transfer. While on a call, he hits conference on the Agent Desktop softphone, the dial box pops up, he types in the extension, and hits the Dial button. Then when he is ready to conference he clicks the Conference button and he gets the error "Can't Conference, No Active Call." I've attached a screenshot. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is it something that the user is doing? We've already completely reloaded his PC, profile, and softphone app.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

knovak123
Level 1
Level 1

I think I ran into something similar working on Mobility.

On the phone device properties page, the "Built in Bridge" options is disabled by default (at least on CUCM6 and later), and this may be the mechanism that the softphone is trying to use to perform this operation.

If that doesn't help, it might be that the call he is on is on a different line appearance than his ICD extension being controlled by the Cisco Agent Desktop (if that is the method you are using to de-queue calls).

Just a suggestion.

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: