Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notificaton for Unity 4.2(3)

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have configured a subscriber to receive text message notifications on his cell phone when he receives a voicemail on Unity. I have configured the "Text Pager 1" option using his 10-digit phone number, ending in "@vtext.com" I have made sure it is "Enabled" and that the "Only if Urgent" option is not checked. However when he receives a voicemail, he does not receive a text on his phone. I have other subscribers configured exactly the same as this particular one, and the notifications work just fine for them. I have plenty of available ports configured to send notifications. Our Unity system is stand-alone and not integrated with our company's AD. I haven't seen anything yet on the port status monitor, but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Do you see the notifications with similar @domain name syntax being dialed out of Port Status Monitor for the working users? These should be sent just as normal emails would be sent, directly to the mailstore which handles the delivery to the provider, who then sends the text to the phone. You may want to verify on the mailstore with message tracking that the message isn't getting hung up anywhere for delivery.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Do you see the notifications with similar @domain name syntax being dialed out of Port Status Monitor for the working users? These should be sent just as normal emails would be sent, directly to the mailstore which handles the delivery to the provider, who then sends the text to the phone. You may want to verify on the mailstore with message tracking that the message isn't getting hung up anywhere for delivery.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Brad is correct in that these notifications will not be seen on the port status monitor as Cisco Unity does not place a phone call to deliver SMTP notifications. The notification is sent as an email, therefore is simply handed off to the Exchange/Domino server for delivery.

Check that the notification device "Text Pager" is actually enabled and that the schedule is set appropriately.

Hey Brad,

No, I didn't see the domain syntax being dialed out of the Port Status Monitor. However, using your message tracking suggestion, I was able to determine that the message was being sent from Unity. Turns out that the user had two separate and valid contact objects, so it was not able to resolve properly and the message was simply dropped. We deleted one of the contacts and what do ya know? :) It works! Thanks for your help!

Excellent :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: