Replies

CUPS : On the phone status problem

erictalbot
Level 1
Level 1

CUPS System version: 6.0.5.1000-13

CUCM System version: 5.1.3.6000-2

CUPC Version 7.0(1.13056)

Is there anybody who could explain why i can't get the ON THE PHONE STATUS in CUPC. Everything else works just fine ( desk phone control, softphone control, presence within CUPC ).

I Noticed i can't assign a end user to the DN in version 5.1X but we can do that in version 6.1x Can that be the source of the problem ?

10 Replies 10

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

CUCM 5.x and 6.x works differently as far as CUPS was concerned.

#1 On CUCM 5.x, you can associate a user with a phone on the device level. On CUCM 6.x, it's associated on the line appearance level.

#2 On CUCM 5.x, CUPS use SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY model to get the phone presence, while CUCM 6.x use PUBLISH model. This means, the SUBSCRIBE CSS on the SIP trunk has to be able to reach the phones' DNs.

Please run Troubleshooter on CUPS > System first.

For more tech tips, please see:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Michael

Therefore, if i understand clearly, it should be working even though i am running version 5.1x.

The END USER owns the phone

The OWNER field of both the deskphone and CUPC is set to the right user.

The subscribe calling search space is set correctly. If i bring this DN to another phone as a BLF it works perfectly.

Please see the attached troubleshooter log.

oups , here it is

It's not the OWNER field. It's device association on end user configuration page.

subscribe CSS on the phone and subscribe CSS on SIP trunk are different.

BLF has nothing to do with CUPS phone presence.

I'd suggest you get a copy of "Deploying Cisco Unified Presence" (http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336). You would find all answers there. :)

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Michael -

Can i have multiple SIP trunks to CUPS, just different subscribe CSS?

There can be only one SIP trunk between CUPS and CUCM

ok, so if I have the following:

Site A Line1 - CSS_InternalA PT_InternalB

Site B Line1 - CSS_internalB PT_InternalB

Site A calls Site B via Translations (site codes) Vice versa.

On my SIP publish trunk to CUPS, how would I accomplish this or which CSS would I use? Or do I need to create a different Partition, and add those CSS into just that PT.

CSS_CUPS

PT_InternalA

PT_InternalB

Then CSS_CUPS is my SIP Publish trunk?

Thanks!

As mentioned in the thread, we don't use SUBSCRIBE CSS on CUCM 6 (and above). Because CUCM 6 and above use PUBLISH method instead of SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.

Since you're using the term "SIP PUBLISH TRUNK", I'm assuming you're on CUCM 6 (or above). :)

Michael

SUBSCRIBE/PUBLISH APPLES/ORANGES POTATOES/POTATOOS

Basic concept though right for the PT/CSS for Subscribe/Publish to work correctly?

Thanks!

Yes. Subscribe CSS is the same concept as regular CSS/partitions.

If you're using CUCM 6.x/7.x with CUPS, you don't worry about that. :)

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: