CCME 7.1 meet-me conferencing limit?

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2009

Referrence: CME 4.1 Hardware Conferencing Tech Tips by Tony Huyn (Mar 15, 2007)

It is well documented that CCME can support up to max 64 G.711 single-mode meet-me conference per DSP. I am trying to figure out what if you add more DSP will this max limitation change? and how much DSP can you add to a 3845 ISR and what would that give me? I have CCME v7.1, it is purely internal so I don't have any FXO/FXS card attach that will share DSP resources.

Separate note, is there a way that you can listen to two conferences at the same time (software or hardware solution). I tested some sniffer programs like Cain and Able and OrkAudio and they both have the ability to decode those rtp g.711 traffic and output it to a wav file so the possibility is there.. The Client's want to be able to listen to two conferences at the same time outputting to speaker or headset. They use this Conferences like radio communications where they listen to two channels at the same time. I tried VLC and it has no problem listening in to MOH and Paging multicast traffic but I can't seem to listen to unicast stream.

I am aware of CISCO IPICS but I am hoping to accomplish this with CCME 7.1

Any idea?

Thanks,

Totie

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion