cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change open\closed trigger for CCX Enhanced 5.0(2)SR2 - easy question

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running IPCC express enhanced 5.0(2)SR2, and I'm trying to change an existing script.

I'm not that knowledgeable on scripts yet, but I am able to look and understand our current script.

My problem is our Call Center Open\Closed trigger is from an IF statement based on time of day.

I'm trying to set it up so that it's based on Agent status.

We're not a huge operation, but if the first Agent comes in 30 minutes late, it would be nice for callers to get the closed message until he signs in and is “ready”. So if all agents are “Not Ready” the closed message will play, and if at least one agent is either “Ready” or “talking”, calls will be queued.

I'm not sure how to set that up. It seems like an IF statement to me, but I'm not sure about the syntax.

Can anyone point me in the right directions? Or maybe advice why this would be better or worse than my current time-of-day IF statement?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I'm sure there are several ways to do this, and I am no expert in this. If you always want customers to be queued when at least 1 agent is logged in, no matter what time of day it is, I would simply change the IF statement to queue if agents logged in >= 1. You can get the number of agents logged in using the Get Reporting Statistic. There is obviously more logic to it than that as if someone called during business hours and no one was logged in, you wouldn't want them to hear the business closed message etc.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I'm sure there are several ways to do this, and I am no expert in this. If you always want customers to be queued when at least 1 agent is logged in, no matter what time of day it is, I would simply change the IF statement to queue if agents logged in >= 1. You can get the number of agents logged in using the Get Reporting Statistic. There is obviously more logic to it than that as if someone called during business hours and no one was logged in, you wouldn't want them to hear the business closed message etc.

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense.

So I think I need to create a “Int” variable and name it “AvilibleAgent”, and make it a parameter?

Then make a “Get Reporting Statistic”

The subfields on a "Get Reporting Statistic" are:

"Report Object" - I think "CQS IPCC Express" is the best since I may have other CSQ's on our server that are unrelated to this call center.

"Field" - Which I'm guessing "Logged-In Resources" is what I want, but does that cover "ready" and "talking" or just logged into the client? someone could be logged in, but be "not ready" and then goes home for the day and that would be bad.

"Row Identifier" - I'm not sure what to put here, it needs a string, do I need to build one?

"Contact" - grayed out

"Result Statistic" - I would put “AvilibleAgent”, the “Int” I made first

And then I need to figure out the syntax for the IF statement to look at the “Get Reporting Statistic” to see if it's greater than 0 (>0).

If anyone is willing to give a few minutes of time to this rookie, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

Okay, I got it figured out - well just about. If the agent is logged in (ready or not ready), calls are coming through, but if they're not logged in calls are going to the closed message. This is what I want except I would rather it make the decision based on "Ready", "not ready", and "talking", so that if someone forgets to log off it's not a big deal. I'm going to keep playing with this, but if anyone can give me further pointers I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

You could change the Get Reporting Statistic step to look for resources ready instead of logged in but I would strongly recommend against this. Agents should not be staying logged in over night.

Also, an agent is "ready" ONLY when they are not on a call and are actually ready to take a call. If you make the decision based on ready agents, you'll never be able to queue calls!

At the end of the person's shift they should sign off of CAD. This is the intended design of the system. The Logged-In Resources would then provide an accurate representation of who is in the call center. This also works for building emergencies: If all the agents log out of CAD because of a fire drill for example, calls won't queue and will use the "closed" logic.

Thanks for your reply, I had it figured out before your message, but was unable to update this conversation until now.

I made 2 get reporting statistic, one for seeing how many agents are ready, and another for how many agents were talking. Then I used an “if” statement within an “if” statement (only because I couldn't figure out how to do an "AND" statement), and basically said if there is an agent "ready", then accept the call. If no agents are ready, check to see if any are talking. If there is at least one agent talking, then accept the call. If not, sent to closed message.

I've tested it and it works, however I think we'll go back to looking at if there are any agents logged in as opposed to agents ready because the reporting on how long agents are logged in would not be accurate if they weren't logging off - I was trying to find another option if the call center manager requested it. Thanks for all your help!

To do an "AND" use '&&' between your statements...

ex.

'agents_ready > 0 && agents_talking > 0'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: