Views
Helpful
Replies

Same problem with DFM stuck

juliocarossella
Level 1
Level 1

Dear jclarke:

We had some trouble with LMS 2.6, and it`s no easy to run through the whole re-installation (2.5, 2.5.1 and 2.6)

Now, it looks as if almost everything is working fine, except DFM 2.06.

I`m suffering this same sympthom.

I cannot delete devices (stay in pending state forever) nor rediscover devices (they stay in learning state forever).

What could I do before thinking of re-installing everything again?

E:\CTH>E:\"Program Files"\CSCOpx\bin\perl "\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin\resolver.pl

" rcdo-netmgmt

Original name: rcdo-netmgmt

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

rcdo-netmgmt/192.168.242.10

E:\CTH>luk rcdo-netmgmt.rcdo

E:\CTH>E:\"Program Files"\CSCOpx\bin\perl "\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin\resolver.pl

" rcdo-netmgmt.rcdo

Original name: rcdo-netmgmt.rcdo

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

rcdo-netmgmt.rcdo/192.168.242.10

Thanks a lot

Julio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Some process is bound to udp/162 on the server. You can use netstat -a -n -o -b to find this process. Shutdown that process, and restart Daemon Manager.

As for the anti-virus, we don't certify any AV software. We do recommend that you disable on-access anti-virus scanning for NMSROOT. You could try this, too, to see if it helps.

The errors here point to a problem with DfmServer not initializing properly. The only errors I see in the DFM.log point to the trap receiver.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At what percentage are the devices hanging? You can find this under DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete

Hi Joe:

Thank you for your fast response.

The answer is 10%

We have this versions installed:

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.5

Campus Manager 4.0.6

CiscoView 6.1.5

Device Fault Manager 2.0.6

Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.6.0

Integration Utility 1.6.0

Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.5

I`m next to install the following updates:

cwrme4_0_6_win

cwcm4_0_10_win

cwdfm2_0_10_win

Do you believe that our problem will be fixed with these updates?

Thanks again

Best regards

Julio

I doubt it. It looks like you have another trap receiver application on this server. Try disabling it, then restart Daemon Manager, and see if the devices can be processed by DFM. Also, please post a screenshot of the Computer Name tab from the System Control Panel.

Uhmmm, another trap receiver? Like what?

Some guys here think that trouble began after installing NOD32 Control Center antivirus. Is there any known conflict with that?

Ok, I`ll go ahead with the update, crossing my fingers, just in case.

Besides, I discovered that FMLogServer.log, EMPServer.log and PTMServer.log are showing this errors:

URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "VPTA" : Not found !!

Thanks a lot

Julio

Sorry, here`s the screen shot

Some process is bound to udp/162 on the server. You can use netstat -a -n -o -b to find this process. Shutdown that process, and restart Daemon Manager.

As for the anti-virus, we don't certify any AV software. We do recommend that you disable on-access anti-virus scanning for NMSROOT. You could try this, too, to see if it helps.

The errors here point to a problem with DfmServer not initializing properly. The only errors I see in the DFM.log point to the trap receiver.

Dear Joe:

Sorry about the delay.

Finally, I re-installed everything 2.5 --> 2.5.1 --> 2.6 --> and CS 3.0.6, RME 4.0.6, CM 4.0.10 adn DFM 2.0.10(we detect some virus in the system).

And it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help. An HP application was indeed running and listening on the ports you pointed out: terrific!

Thanks for your support and quick responses.

Best regards

Julio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: