cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to allowing a 900 number for a single user?

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

We are blocking 900 numbers on our network which works great...this is intended to prevent calls to 900 numbers in the USA.

However, I also have a facility in Mexico and for them 900 numbers are legitimate.

Specifically I would like to allow a single user the ability to dial 019008494949 which is a government office.

Is this possible?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'm going to assume this is CUCM, if so yes.

simply play with partitions and CSS.

only users in Mexico can reach the route pattern that routes the call, any other user should reach the one that blocks the call

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Yes we are running CUCM 6.1.3.2000-1

Your suggestion is valid but how will that allow only one single user at our Mexico facility access to this 900 number?

For some reason I am not making the connection.

Create a partition where you put the phone in, put this partition in a css e.g css-0900allowed, create a Route Pattern where 0900 is allowed and put this in the PT where you put the phone in.

Additionally put the regular outgoing-enabled PT in the same css.

HTH

Chris

exactly what do you mean you're not making the connection???

partitions and CSS are basic building blocks on CUCM. you need to have a good understanding on how they work because that's all you need to do to achieve this.

it works because that user has access to a pattern that routes the call, and any other user hits the block this call pattern. just as Chris nicely explained

Calling Privileges in Unified CM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html#wp1044276

HTH

java

HTH

java

I think he doesn't understand how it is possible to give one user the ability to call the specified number by playing with CSS and PT.

I gave him an idea how to implement.

Maybe he now understands.

Greetings

Chris

java,

no harm no foul...my mind has been wrapped around several other things here so i was not thinking clearly and only half focused when i posted...

actually i have never had a request of this nature before that would apply to a single user...but yes i understand the mechanics behind it.

great to know for future use!

thanks for the replies i will implement this and report back!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: