cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Failover configuration

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

I have two asa 5540 and two internet lines from two different providers. I wanna create two contextes on the ASA's and assign a vpn server (site to site) on each context for each provider. My question is do i have to enable stateful failover to use active/active with the contexts or lan failover is enough?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VPN is not supported in multi-context mode unless you are talking about permitting IPSEC traffic through the contexts.

enable stateful failover if you do not want any interruptions during a failover event (as connection state information gets replicated to the standby firewall ) otherwise lan failover will suffice to replicate the configuration changes.

HTH

Vikram

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

I just read that with Contexts i can have no VPN so how can i configure two vpn servers with two different ISP's should i use two outside interfaces?

VPN is not supported in multi-context mode unless you are talking about permitting IPSEC traffic through the contexts.

enable stateful failover if you do not want any interruptions during a failover event (as connection state information gets replicated to the standby firewall ) otherwise lan failover will suffice to replicate the configuration changes.

HTH

Vikram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: