cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Syslog not showing any logs

dominic.colson
Level 1
Level 1

Facing problem with the syslog collector. No message counters are displaying or increasing in the forward of syslog collector. Able to receive the traps sent from all the devices within the KIWI syslog software which i had temparory installed on LMS server. Kiwi was just used to verify if the traps are reaching the ciscoworks server.I had even done the unsubscribe & subscribing the server in the syslog collector. User casusers has full rights to execute.Recently there was problem with the files of Syslogfirst.log,SyslogSecond.log & Syslogthird.log. I had used the DBSpaceReclaimer utility. The logs are not there for last 6 months.

Can anybody guide me for this problem faced.

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which OS is this?

Are the messages making it to the syslog.log or syslog_info?

If not, check and make sure devices are pointed to correct IP and also logs are setup properly (syslog.conf)

If messages are there are the devices managed in LMS?

Try enabling debugs for Syslog in RME- Admin - System preferences and looking at the AnalyzerDebug.log and SyslogCollector.log for the device IP/ message and any errors.

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, casusers has full rights to execute on what?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: