Views
Helpful
Replies

"Pending" licenses

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

A prospect customer of ours is having some issues with Auto registering phones, and it means that they now can't add new phones. The symptoms that they've put across to me are a little on the woolly side and we can't get remote access either!

Basically in CUCM 5.x they have the license report that tells them:

Total DLUs:

Used:

Units Remaining:

Units Pending:

I havent got the exact wording, but the error the customer receives is along the lines that number of unused / pending licenses is preventing them from adding new phones.

Anyone care to explain what the "pending" field does? And why they might have ended up with pending licenses?

Thanks!

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

You are most welcome! There is no more DBLHelper for 5.x and beyond but there are some good methods to repair replication problems. This answer was recently provided by our good friend Java;

1) Run stop on all nodes that will be reset. Stop CLI will stop any currently running processes and give us a clean slate to restart replication.

2) Go to each server (that will be reset), get on the CLI, and run. "utils dbreplication stop"

3) On pub, run the "utils dbreplication stop" as well.

4) Then, (also on the pub) run "utils dbreplication reset all" command (to reset replication on the pub and ALL Subs.

The commands are described in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpappa.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I believe the licenses will stay in a "pending" state until the auto-registered phone pulls down a profile after going through the Taps process.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cool thanks Rob. I don't believe they're using TAPS, they're just doing it manually!

Any idea on the DBLHelper.exe question?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

You are most welcome! There is no more DBLHelper for 5.x and beyond but there are some good methods to repair replication problems. This answer was recently provided by our good friend Java;

1) Run stop on all nodes that will be reset. Stop CLI will stop any currently running processes and give us a clean slate to restart replication.

2) Go to each server (that will be reset), get on the CLI, and run. "utils dbreplication stop"

3) On pub, run the "utils dbreplication stop" as well.

4) Then, (also on the pub) run "utils dbreplication reset all" command (to reset replication on the pub and ALL Subs.

The commands are described in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpappa.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Are they using BAT to import phones? BATed devices would use pending license.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Ok it turns out that the customer's Subscriber had gone a bit mad, and wasn't getting replication traffic. They plan to reboot later, but is there an equivalant of DBHelper.exe in CUCM 5/6/7?

I don't think they were using BAT, just Auto-register and Super-copy. It was certainly strange behaviour but it was alleviated by deleting devices that werent required.

I'm just curious now as to what the Pending field actually means...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: