Views
Helpful
Replies

Zoning issue with Brocade and Cisco..

techcrazzy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am getting the following error on my brocade switch while enabling a zoning configuration and it failed.

switch01:admin> cfgenable linux_26JUN07_CFG

You are about to enable a new zoning configuration.

This action will replace the old zoning configuration with the

current configuration selected.

Do you want to enable 'linux_26JUN07_CFG' configuration (yes, y, no, n): [no] y

RCS is disabled

[RCS-1001], 106098,, INFO, LRDFC01, RCS has been disabled. Some switches in the fabric do not support this feature

As the firmware on the brocade switch is compatible with RCS, can you please confirm if MDS9124e switch supports RCS

Or

Is there any setting need to be changed on the cisco switch..?

Regards,

KK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What interop mode are you using? If the interop mode is 1 then RCS should be disabled on the Brocade when it is set to Open Systems mode.

If it is in Inteorp 2 or 3, then there should be a command to disable the RCS feature.

What model switch and what Fab OS is it running?

- Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RCS is a Brocade proprietary feature. It should be disabled on the Brocade switch.

- Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, RCS must be capable on all switches in the fabric to be enabled and If all switches are capable, RCS will automatically enable.

But in this case, I am not able to do any changes to my zoning becuase of this error on the Brocade switch.

If I try changing the zoning on the cisco switch, nothing happens and the configuration is not changed.

any suggestion..?

What interop mode are you using? If the interop mode is 1 then RCS should be disabled on the Brocade when it is set to Open Systems mode.

If it is in Inteorp 2 or 3, then there should be a command to disable the RCS feature.

What model switch and what Fab OS is it running?

- Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response.

I found the root cause of the issue.

As per the Brocade FOS 6.x administrator guide, "You can configure interoperability between McDATA and Brocade switches, but interoperability on non-Brocade switches is no longer supported."

So, this is a compatibility issue and it looks like Brocade trying to monopolize the market :(

Regards,

KK