cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 4.1(3) to 4.1(3)SR8

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I am going to be doing an upgrade soon on a site that is currently at CallMananger 4.1(3). They want to go to 4.1(3)SR8, so that they can support some new phones they have. Has anyone done this before? Id like to know if this is a simple upgrade, or if there are any potential issues people have seen in the past on this. Any advice appreciated.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's nothing special to it, install on PUB, then on SUBs.

be aware most of the times if what you're looking is support for new phone models then you need to install latest DevPack and not just the SR

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hye John,

No worries!

On the page you were looking at (that has CME,Unity Express etc.)near the top is this;

Software Delivery System

*New - Voice and Unified Communications is now available for download through the new delivery system.

To access Voice Software downloads, click here. (*click here)

This will take you to this area;

Tools & Resources> Download Software> Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages

Hope this helps!

Rob

hopefully it won't break:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ReleaseType.x?optPlat=&isPlatform=Y&mdfid=278853938&sftType=Unified+Communications+Manager%2FCallManager+Device+Packages&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modelName=Cisco+Unified+CallManager+Version...

if it breaks follow the path Rob provided

BTW: Thx for the message on my new star Rob, this week it was thursday AM shift so today i got some extra sleep hehe

HTH

java

HTH

java

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there's nothing special to it, install on PUB, then on SUBs.

be aware most of the times if what you're looking is support for new phone models then you need to install latest DevPack and not just the SR

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Java (happy Friday Java +5 points :)

Have a look at the ReadMe to see what is involved with the upgrade. It is worth noting that the time needs to be factored in for all the IP Phones to upgrade their Firmware. You will also see what Device models are supported;

Cisco Unified CallManager Release

4.1(3) Service Release 8a

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074220/23393/ciscocm.4-1-3-sr8a-Readme.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. One more question, where do I get the device packs that might go along with 4.1(3)?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Device Packages are located here (right close to the SR's);

Tools & Resources> Download Software> Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages

Hope this helps!

Rob

I think Im getting lost at this point:

Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1

I see alot of other things like srst, unity express, call connector, etc. But I dont see the Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1

Hye John,

No worries!

On the page you were looking at (that has CME,Unity Express etc.)near the top is this;

Software Delivery System

*New - Voice and Unified Communications is now available for download through the new delivery system.

To access Voice Software downloads, click here. (*click here)

This will take you to this area;

Hope this helps!

Rob

hopefully it won't break:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ReleaseType.x?optPlat=&isPlatform=Y&mdfid=278853938&sftType=Unified+Communications+Manager%2FCallManager+Device+Packages&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modelName=Cisco+Unified+CallManager+Version...

if it breaks follow the path Rob provided

BTW: Thx for the message on my new star Rob, this week it was thursday AM shift so today i got some extra sleep hehe

HTH

java

HTH

java

Rob, Java, thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: