cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL Stop-paquets?

fjcardenas-1
Level 1
Level 1

I am practicing for my CCNA exam and a question on an exam engine about ACLs shows in the output for "show ip interface" a line:

"Inbound access list is stop-packets"

What does that mean? I didn't read about "stop-packets" in the book.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Francisco

"stop-packets" is the name of an access list which is assigned to that interface to filter data packets as they flow into the router. Access lists can be identified by name or by number. In this case the access list is a named access list.

As you may remember an access list contains some number of statements which may have permit statements and or deny statements. The access list is applied to an interface to identify which traffic should be permitted to go through and which traffic should be denied and dropped.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Francisco

"stop-packets" is the name of an access list which is assigned to that interface to filter data packets as they flow into the router. Access lists can be identified by name or by number. In this case the access list is a named access list.

As you may remember an access list contains some number of statements which may have permit statements and or deny statements. The access list is applied to an interface to identify which traffic should be permitted to go through and which traffic should be denied and dropped.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Lol... that was a dumb question.. I didn't see it was the name of the access list. I thought it was a certain parameter or something like that. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card