cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging calls between offices in a centralized CM 5.1?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are considering forcing individuals to call other offices in our centralized deployment to use the interoffice dialing feature placing calls over the MPLS. We want to try to get an idea of how many calls go on between our offices. Is there a way to set up call counters with the first six numbers of a DID range, like 312384xxxx? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rgds,

Vicky

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can configure a separate dial plan under CAR and tag the calls depending on what they match. you can configure that pattern starting with those 6 digits and tag them appropriately for reporting

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thank you for your post. Can you help me with where I need to configure the dial plan in CAR? Is there any configuration needed on the Call Manager side, or is this tracking set up only in CDR? Can you give me a little more info on where I need to set this up, where I enter the six digits to be tracked?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

This only affects CAR and does not require anything to be changed in CUCM

Configuring the Dial Plan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/carsycfg.html#wp1092310

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi again Java,

So I have all the route patterns in place for tracking but it looks like all I can pull from the CDR application is % of traffic info. Do you know if there is any way to get an actual count of how many calls hit the pattern I put in place using the CDR application? Please let me know if you do.

Thanks again.

Rgds,

Vicky

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: