cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CID Questions

iancarder
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a topic that has become a hot button issue. I need to be able to push CID to the PSTN. This wiki page explains what changes to make on call manager(4.x), but it says nothing about gateways:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/How_to_change_the_caller_ID_display_from_one_number_to_another_and_the_external_phone_number_mask_is_configured_but_does_not_work_properly

I have followed the instructions, but outbound calls are still being displayed as the telco designated CID. Is there something on the gateways(1760V, 1821) that I need to be configuring to make this possible? Beyond that, do I have to tell our telco to configure our 2 PRIs in any particular way to allow this as well? Thanks in advance for any imparted wisdom!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

get into the GW and run a debug isdn q931 or a debug voip ccapi inout.

look in the setup message what is you're sending in calling party. if it's correct and what you configured in CCM. call telco, they're overriding and you cannot fix that. telco will have to make changes

if it's the telco CID what you see in the debug then the issue is probably misconfiguration

my bet is on telco issue =)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for the response. I know next to nothing about PRI provisioning, so maybe you can answer this to me. Does the PRI, as it relates to CID, get configured to either allow us to push our own CID or override; or in other words, is a PRI only ever going to be configured one of those two ways?

if you're using MGCP, GW has no word on CLID or ANI. whatever CUCM sends it just relays to telco. so if get's overwritten it's someone else and in all probability telco.

if using H323 then you can modify CLID and ANI using translation-rules on dial-peer and that overrides CCM info. but telco can override this.

but none of the config you can do on the GW for the PRI is to activate/deactivate overriding the CLID/ANI. that is telco's side config.

but yes, either they override the IEs or they simply pass them as you delivered them. in this case you need them to simply relay the info and not change anything.

give them a call and ask them if they're changing the ANI to what you've seen in the calls. if they're doing that, tell them you want to send your own ANI and not to modify it

HTH

java

HTH

java

Jamie in CUCM where do you set the Caller ID?  Lets assume that the system is sending the main telephone number for your facility as the Caller ID.  You want to send your DID number as the Caller ID.  I assume you set this up in CUCM not in the Gateway?

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

Hi,

I have answered this question some minutes ago: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2198196?tstart=0

For CUCM:

You need to check the "Use external phone number mask" checkbox on the Route Patterns.

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

#

Check the check box if you want the full, external phone number to be   used for calling line identification (CLID) on outgoing calls. You may   also configure an External Phone Number Mask on all phone devices.

#

Note The   calling party transformation settings that are assigned to the route   groups in a route list override any calling party transformation   settings that are assigned to a route pattern that is associated with   that route list.

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles.

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: