cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDPdrv.exe has stopped working/responding

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed Cisco's IP Communicator v7.0(2) on my laptop in a lab environment. It registers to my CME running on a 3825 fine. I have enabled video support and launch Video Advantage. I can see video, and everything looks fine so far. I have not yet setup another camera and PC to test. My machine is Vista Business Edition. After a few minutes, I get a message that pops up and states something to the effect "CDPdrv.exe has stopped working". ??? Anyone seen this? I was going to try and verify this is just a Vista problem, but it runs way too slow on my XP VMWare machine to make it worth trying.

Regards,

Scott

6 Replies 6

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

have the same problem here after installing the latest Cisco Unified Video Advantage 2.1(2)on two Vista Business PC's. No IP Communicator is running, since the PC's are directly connected to a Cisco IP Phone. Mostly this error only occurs after Windows has started.

We have several Video Advantage Clients who run WinXP, but I never encountered this error on those PC's.

I would also be interested in a solution.

Regards,

Ingo

I'm having the same issue as well. On a vista laptop I get "CDPdrv.exe has stopped working" just after installing UVA 2.1.2 on a laptop that already had IP Communicator 7.0.2.0 installed.

In this order...after getting the error the first time.

1) I uninstalled UVA.

2) I uninstalled IP Communicator.

3) I restarted my laptop

4) I installed IP Communicator, started it, and then restarted.

5) I installed UVA, started it, and then restarted.

6) I started to see the "CDPdrv.exe has stopped working"

If I choose "close the program" I am alerted of this issue a few minutes later. The service continues to crash and UVA does not seem to understand that I have IP Communicator installed...

I can use this setup without any issues with the IP phone hardware, it's just after I add IP Communicator (softphone) to the mix that I start getting errors.

I talked to a TAC engineer who told me that this was a "known issue" but did not elaborate...I'm waiting to hear back.

~Mike D

Followup from TAC:

Regarding the root issue (CDPdrv.exe fails), appears to be a bug related to CUVA software version 2.1.2.0 with Bug ID - CSCsu45473. I have found out a fix to this bug, which is VideoAdvantageInstaller_2_1_2_3.zip. This is an upgraded version of CUVA software release. However, this file is not accessible to you using your CCO Account.

In this case, I will publish the file from our servers for your CCO account.

I am also running into this with version 2.1.2.0. I need to get this upgrade as well. Do you know when Cisco is going to publish this?

dereka,

seems that its an ES. Open a TAC Case against you contract and refernce the bug ID, and you can get it! :)

Chad

dereka,

seems that its an ES. Open a TAC Case against you contract and refernce the bug ID, and you can get it! :)

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: