cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify inbound calls by FXO

Bill.Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Just replaced a Bizfone System and customer handles calls for 3 companys. When a call comes in they need to be able to identify which line it came in on so they say the correct greeting...any ideas.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

One other approach that you can take is create directory entries for the different called number and the Company names (these would be the plar destination). You can do this using CLI today. Once you have the directory numbers created, ensure that "service dnis dir-lookup" is enabled under the telephony-services (should be enabled by default).

With the above, you should be able to see the Company name displayed on the IP Phone when a call comes in.

Here's some description in the CME Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1093483

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

Please notice that my previous comment applies to Call Blast groups using the new "voice hunt-group" CLI. Regular ephone hunt-groups may still make use of the "service dnis dir-lookup" option described in the document I referenced earlier. Problem is that ephone hunt groups do not support parallel ringing.

Marcos

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I would recommend a phone with a few buttons.  You will be able to direct the call to the different buttons on the phones, which would represent the different companies.

-Steven

Bill.Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I hear you but currently I am using a blast group. I guess I could create a blast group for each company then sent the plar to that huntgroup. But still how do I indentify which number the call is coming in on....Is there a way to display text on the phone based on which huntgroup a call is being generated on?

You can still use blast groups, but I wouldn't use the primary extensions.  My suggestion is to put the calls on different buttons.  If it rings button 2, it is for company A.  If it rings button 3, it is for company B.

We do have a document that gives some more information on this.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5286#cf

One other approach that you can take is create directory entries for the different called number and the Company names (these would be the plar destination). You can do this using CLI today. Once you have the directory numbers created, ensure that "service dnis dir-lookup" is enabled under the telephony-services (should be enabled by default).

With the above, you should be able to see the Company name displayed on the IP Phone when a call comes in.

Here's some description in the CME Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1093483

Thanks,

Saurabh

Steve,

Thanks for your reply. How would this work if I am using blast groups assigned to each plar? As each FXO port represent a different customer..

Then there is really no way for a phone belonging to multiple blast groups to determine which company this call is going to, since you are not mapping the inbound trunk to different line buttons on the phone.

Marcos

Please notice that my previous comment applies to Call Blast groups using the new "voice hunt-group" CLI. Regular ephone hunt-groups may still make use of the "service dnis dir-lookup" option described in the document I referenced earlier. Problem is that ephone hunt groups do not support parallel ringing.

Marcos

Ok. Think I have it. With the help of Cisco TAC (Jessica Webb) what we will do is create multiple blast groups and assign them to different plars. Then we create ephone-dns for each of the blast groups and they are assigned to buttons on the phone. The buttons are labeled with the corresponding company name. The ephone-dns are dual line. So depending on which blast group some one dials in on will ring the appropriate button on the ephone. So far it is working!!

Here is my config..

voice-port 0/1/0
connection plar opx 505
!
voice-port 0/1/1
connection plar opx 505
!
voice-port 0/1/2
connection plar opx 506
!
voice-port 0/1/3
connection plar opx 506
!
voice-port 0/2/0
connection plar opx 507
!
voice-port 0/2/1
connection plar opx 507
!
ephone-dn 47 dual-line
number 505
Label SAS
call-forward noan 400 timeout 8
!
ephone-dn 48 dual-line
number 506
Label JTG
!
ephone-dn 49 dual-line
number 507
Label SAI
!

for ephone 1-14 ... add the following
button 2:47 3:48 4:49

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: