cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 pulses between green, orange and red

khalberrou
Level 1
Level 1

I was updating the firmware on my cisco aironet access point 1200 and it froze right in the middle of the flash. When I plug the access point in now, the status light pulses between green, orange and red; the radio light blinks red; and the Ethernet light blinks green. Is there any hope for this access point? I need assistance please!!

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

If the status LED is pulsing colors like that, does that imply that you loaded lightweight software to the AP? Normally that means that the AP is looking for a controller. If that's the case, you might want to connect the AP to your network and see if it finds your controller. Maybe it didn't get corrupted after all.

What version of IOS were you loading onto the AP?

thank you for your reply

i was trying to install c1200-rcvk9w8-tar.123-7.JX9. actually, i left the AP for about 3 hours and as Cisco advised that the update operation takes about 15 mins. and when i lost all the hopes. i disconnected and tried to connected again to the network.

in the end i used console cable with mode botton and TFTP server to restore it. Now IT is working Just Perfect :D

thanks

Hi Jeff,

If the LED are flashing like a disco dance floor, then the AP went into ROMMON.

However, if the AP's looking for a controller, the flashing is slower.

thank you very much for your reply,

i floowed mode button option with TFTP server and the AP is working just perfect :D

regards

Thanks for the ratings too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: