cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1242 and 1220 AP ---can telnet but not web browse?

jondriver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

At my workplace we have recently updated TACACS configuration---just a new key .....and also password of last resort ---this should have gone smoothly--but some APs did not take the config for some reason----therefore myself and other employees had to visit each device and console in to update ---the majority of these worked , but a few will now not allow web browsing ---but you can telnet ---when I examined the config and software --the only difference I could see was the Boot loader was higher on the ones that cant be accessed via HTTP (12.4 (7) JA) if memory serves----whereas the AP's that work correctly have the same version 12.3(7) as the image file ( 12.3) .

Could this be the only reason ? I have checked every line of the config ,and show version---anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jondriver
Level 1
Level 1

Just to specify----I cant web browse as I am refused access , I get the username /password prompt when typing in the IP address---I have a telnet session already open and am using the password of last resort (which I know is correct ) or my TACACS username and password........thanks!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is HTTP/HTTPS enabled in the config?

I will have to check --thanks for replying , I will update later today

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card