Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Problem

tartouille
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have a routing problem to manage in my work.

as shown in my diagram visio users of cloud users are accessing their applications via the MAN cloud and to go to the cloud servers S3 only they pass by 3750.

and for cloud servers farm S3 they have to go through the mpls ( CE-1 and CE-2) only.

how routing this design

ty for your help

4 Replies 4

rpfinneran
Level 1
Level 1

Can you supply routing configs for the 3750's and also routing table.

the design is not in production so I have no routing table.

I think the static routing for the first phase seems to be a good solution.

then I pass a dynamic routing ospf in a second phase between the CE and the 3750 and 6500 cloud users.

the MAN remains in the static routing

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're going to start with statics, initially each edge L3 device would direct its outbound traffic to the path for the correct network or networks.

This will work fine unless one side fails and you want the traffic, while there's a failure, to take the other longer path. With statics, a backup floating route can be installed if the primary route fails, but this assumes the static route for the primary path "knows" of the failure. With a network like yours, you might use object tracking or define GRE tunnels end-to-end with keep alives.

Or, instead of a complex static routing solution, this might be the time to a dynamic routing protocol(s).

yes I think a static solution remains very complex.

a dynamic force me configure a route map to filter routes and default route.

i have 2 sources the MAN and the MPLS cloud.

how to configure the route map

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: