RVS4000 Time incorrect

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2009

I have a cisco rvs4000 with updated firmare V. 1.2.11 and IPS signature version 1.40 (both up to date as of 03/22/2009) I am having the issue of under Setup > Time > I have these values set: Set the local time using Network Time Protocol (NTP) Automatically. Time zone: (GMT-5:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada) Auto Daylight Saving: ENABLE User defined NTP server: DISABLE (tried with my own NTP server but didnt make a difference) Now with all that said I am having the issue of when the time is for example 12:17 the router displays it as 11:17 (alwayse being an hour off) has enybody else noticed this problem?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Richard Burts Sun, 03/22/2009 - 19:01

Has this problem been going on for a while or did it start recently? I am not familiar with the rvs4000 but I know that there is an issue that is release dependent with IOS routers and wonder if it could be the same issue with your case. Older versions of code expect Daylight Savings Time to start a couple of weeks later following the older implementation of Daylight Savings Time. Recent versions of code reflect the change to start DST a couple of weeks earlier. Is it possible that this is the issue with your rvs4000?

This Discussion