cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix 9 for outside numbers- CUCM 6.1.3

scottvp
Level 1
Level 1

Pardon me, but I inherited this system recently when the installer vacated - this was an internal install.

The managers would like to send out every call that has 7 digits to the PSTN - Verizon SIP trunk through CUBE by prepending it (they forget to put a 9 in front and area code not required).

Is this possible?

Thanks! And this place is an AWESOME resource!!!

2 Replies 2

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

So I am assuming you have Call Manager. If so it is possible for a route pattern to allow 7 digit dialing without an access code but typically I dont like to do this because inevitably it will overlap with internal extensions and other system DN's and you will experience inter-digit timeout problems. But if you are comfortable with that caveat you can just create a [2-8]XXXXXX Route Pattern with no digit manipulation instead of something like 9.[2-8]XXXXXX PreDot or have both.

Again let me emphasize te that this is something I typically push back on if asked.

Yes, it is CUCM 6.1.3. I was thinking that the interdigit timeout could be an issue. We had already set the T302 timer to 3 seconds so that they wouldn't wait long after inputting and extension.

Thanks for all your help!