Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay on using outgoing PSTN on SPA 3102

spabigray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been using a SPA 3102 on Pennytel for about a year with no problems.

However, now when I dial out using gw0 (PSTN) I have an interesting problem:

The number rings for about 30 seconds (but there is no response at the other end), if I persist then I hear a click then a delay of about 3 seconds and then the number dials normally and can be answered.

What could be causing the delay? Is there anyway to eliminate it? If I dial out using VOIP (with either of 2 gateways) there is no delay. There is no problem with incoming calls.

Many thanks in advance.

Ray

3 Replies 3

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ray,

Please verify that you're running the latest firmware, 5.1.10

When did this problem first present? Think back, had you made any changes that may have caused the problem?

Does the delay occur every single time you make a PSTN outbound call?

Can you compare today's configuration with the original configuration from a year ago?

[Assuming you have a saved working backup of the device's config]

If none of the above helps, send me the SPA3102's configuration and I'll take a look. [paborn at Cisco.com]

Here's how to save the configuration: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5101

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thanks Patrick.

I worked out what was wrong, my VOIP answer delay was too long. When I set it to 0 the problem was solved.

Cheers

Ray

Ray,

Great troubleshooting. Thanks for letting me know that you have resolved the issue and for sharing the solution.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: