CCIE Security - now much knowledge of dynamic routing protocols needed?

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2009

Hi

I am about to start my labb-preparations for CCIE Security (3.0) and I wonder how much knowledge of dynamic routing protocols that is needed to take the CCIE Security Lab?

I am CCNP and CCSP, but my knowledge of routing protocols are not that updated since I work primary with security products and my CCNP is a few years old.

Why am I asking? I have been told that you (I) need to have full knowledge of all routing protocols (including BGP and IS-IS) and all techniques for resistribution and routing-modifications in order to take the test. I myself doubt that and I can't see in the Lab blueprint that any routing protocols are even mentioned. Also, Ive taken the CCIE security written seeing any routing protocol related question at all.

Please enlighten me! :-)

Br Jimmy

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tperrier Tue, 03/24/2009 - 02:04

I guess the person who told you that was stuck in the past, that is was thinking of the version 1 of the Security lab where routing & switching was more of a concern. Version 2 (and soon 3) don't have as much R&S content: I doubt there's any redistribution or route modification, for instance, but wouldn't be surprised to see route filtering and protocol hardening.

Actions

This Discussion