cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialers from the outside hear the dial tone

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Our gateway is connected to the PSTN with a PRI line. Eveything works fine from the inside. We can call outside but when the outside calls us from these line they hear a dial-tone. Why can this happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A key concept is that a single phone call through a voice gateway has two call legs, one inbound and one outbound, and each leg matches a dial-peer.

Outbound are the easiest to understand because they operate alot like route statements do to the IP data world; they tell the call/packet where to go. But inbound are important, too, because they instruct the VG on how to receive calls. Alot of VG get by using the (hidden) default dial-peer to match incoming calls, but in some cases, like yours, certain commands must be specified.

The "incoming called-number ." command is used to match the incoming calls to that dial-peer. The 'direct-inward-dial' command *should* eliminate that dialtone your caller hear. And these need to be applied to a pots dial-peer because the incoming call is coming in on a POTS pri.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

After that, you will begin dealing with the number of DID digits sent to CM, translations, etc.

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

check this is there....

sorry but we cant write this on voip dial-peer. Our calls comes from pri line and should go to the voip dial-peer.

This is a pots command:

dial-p v 1 pots

direct

incoming called .

A key concept is that a single phone call through a voice gateway has two call legs, one inbound and one outbound, and each leg matches a dial-peer.

Outbound are the easiest to understand because they operate alot like route statements do to the IP data world; they tell the call/packet where to go. But inbound are important, too, because they instruct the VG on how to receive calls. Alot of VG get by using the (hidden) default dial-peer to match incoming calls, but in some cases, like yours, certain commands must be specified.

The "incoming called-number ." command is used to match the incoming calls to that dial-peer. The 'direct-inward-dial' command *should* eliminate that dialtone your caller hear. And these need to be applied to a pots dial-peer because the incoming call is coming in on a POTS pri.

My debug ccapi and it says incoming dial-peer 0 but there is no dial-peer 0...

Incoming Dial-peer=0, Progress Indication=NULL(0), Calling IE Present=TRUE,

Source Trkgrp Route Label=DIGER, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, CLID Transparent=FALSE), Call Id=-1

Dial-peer 0 is the hidden dial-peer that I mentioned. I'm not sure if you can modify it. I have always specified my own dial-peer for incoming calls.

I created a dial-peer

dial-peer voice 66 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

Now incoming is coming from here and it solved the problem...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: