cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialers from the outside hear the dial tone

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Our gateway is connected to the PSTN with a PRI line. Eveything works fine from the inside. We can call outside but when the outside calls us from these line they hear a dial-tone. Why can this happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A key concept is that a single phone call through a voice gateway has two call legs, one inbound and one outbound, and each leg matches a dial-peer.

Outbound are the easiest to understand because they operate alot like route statements do to the IP data world; they tell the call/packet where to go. But inbound are important, too, because they instruct the VG on how to receive calls. Alot of VG get by using the (hidden) default dial-peer to match incoming calls, but in some cases, like yours, certain commands must be specified.

The "incoming called-number ." command is used to match the incoming calls to that dial-peer. The 'direct-inward-dial' command *should* eliminate that dialtone your caller hear. And these need to be applied to a pots dial-peer because the incoming call is coming in on a POTS pri.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

After that, you will begin dealing with the number of DID digits sent to CM, translations, etc.

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

check this is there....

sorry but we cant write this on voip dial-peer. Our calls comes from pri line and should go to the voip dial-peer.

This is a pots command:

dial-p v 1 pots

direct

incoming called .

A key concept is that a single phone call through a voice gateway has two call legs, one inbound and one outbound, and each leg matches a dial-peer.

Outbound are the easiest to understand because they operate alot like route statements do to the IP data world; they tell the call/packet where to go. But inbound are important, too, because they instruct the VG on how to receive calls. Alot of VG get by using the (hidden) default dial-peer to match incoming calls, but in some cases, like yours, certain commands must be specified.

The "incoming called-number ." command is used to match the incoming calls to that dial-peer. The 'direct-inward-dial' command *should* eliminate that dialtone your caller hear. And these need to be applied to a pots dial-peer because the incoming call is coming in on a POTS pri.

My debug ccapi and it says incoming dial-peer 0 but there is no dial-peer 0...

Incoming Dial-peer=0, Progress Indication=NULL(0), Calling IE Present=TRUE,

Source Trkgrp Route Label=DIGER, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, CLID Transparent=FALSE), Call Id=-1

Dial-peer 0 is the hidden dial-peer that I mentioned. I'm not sure if you can modify it. I have always specified my own dial-peer for incoming calls.

I created a dial-peer

dial-peer voice 66 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

Now incoming is coming from here and it solved the problem...