LMS3.0 Daemon Manager Fails to start

Unanswered Question

After LMS3.0 installation, i did integration with ACS4.2 for TACACS,but when I restart the system daemon manager service fails to start up again and all services fail. I reboot the box with the same problem, Daemon services fails to start. I've tried to run the resetloginmodule.pl and even reinstalled lms3.0 but same issue persists

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
MICHEL.HEGERAAT Mon, 03/23/2009 - 05:51

Failure to start daemon manager are usualy caused by permission problems.

Check if casuser is the owner of all ciscoworks files

Cheers,

Michel

David Stanford Mon, 03/23/2009 - 05:59

What error do you get when you try to start the daemons? Any errors related in the syslog.log?

Could be casuser acct settings on windows. Try resetCasuser.exe and generate a random pwd or enter a password that meets your criteria.

Then try to start the daemons.

after resetcasuser, daemon manager started successfully but DCR server+License server was still down & process management window didnt open it hung.now i am re-installing it again.Apart from this issue i want to know if a single standalone lms server be used to manage different devices in different location under different admins without integration with ACS,assume my company has office at 3 diff. places & lms is just installed at 1 location but there are diff. admins at 3 locations, so can they be able to manage only devices in their regions & not others with adding devices in ACS

Actions

This Discussion