cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0 Daemon Manager Fails to start

punit.dixit
Level 1
Level 1

After LMS3.0 installation, i did integration with ACS4.2 for TACACS,but when I restart the system daemon manager service fails to start up again and all services fail. I reboot the box with the same problem, Daemon services fails to start. I've tried to run the resetloginmodule.pl and even reinstalled lms3.0 but same issue persists

3 Replies 3

MICHEL.HEGERAAT
Level 1
Level 1

Failure to start daemon manager are usualy caused by permission problems.

Check if casuser is the owner of all ciscoworks files

Cheers,

Michel

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error do you get when you try to start the daemons? Any errors related in the syslog.log?

Could be casuser acct settings on windows. Try resetCasuser.exe and generate a random pwd or enter a password that meets your criteria.

Then try to start the daemons.

after resetcasuser, daemon manager started successfully but DCR server+License server was still down & process management window didnt open it hung.now i am re-installing it again.Apart from this issue i want to know if a single standalone lms server be used to manage different devices in different location under different admins without integration with ACS,assume my company has office at 3 diff. places & lms is just installed at 1 location but there are diff. admins at 3 locations, so can they be able to manage only devices in their regions & not others with adding devices in ACS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: