internet connection for Wireless LAN Controller 2100

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2009

hi,

I already configure 6 1242AG to connect with 2106 WLAN Controller. My problem is, when I connect my laptop to 1242AG, I couldn't get Internet. My laptop just get IP address which is I configure in 2106 WLAN Controller.

Is there any configuration in 2106 WLAN Controller to allow Internet connection running through it ??

thank in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jeff.kish Mon, 03/23/2009 - 08:38

Can your laptops ping their default gateways? If your clients can ping their default gateway, they should have Internet. There's nothing in the controller that would block it.

How many VLANs are you running? Check whichever VLAN you're connecting to and make sure the interface on the controller is properly configure, default gateway and all (Controller tab in the web GUI). Next, make sure that the default gateway is configured properly in the internal DHCP server.

azzhaahir Mon, 03/23/2009 - 10:18

hi jeff,

Thank you for your suggestion. All clients that connect to 1242AG now can access the internet. My mistake is the interface "ap-manager" in controller was not properly configure.

Also, I bind port 8 as "ap-manager" interface but it not connected to access switch.

Why I need to connect port 1 and port 8 to access switch in order to allow client which is connect to the AP to get Internet access ?? My setup as below:

Controller PORT 1 >>connect to>> access switch

Controller PORT 8 >> connect to>> access switch

AP >>connect to>> access switch

PORT 1 - define as management

PORT 8 - define as ap-manager

*access switch is pure layer 2 switch

When I pull out PORT 1 cable from access switch (PORT 8 remain there), my AP which is in LWAPP mode switch it mode to DISCOVERY. Why it happen ?

When I pull out PORT 8 cable from access switch (PORT 1 remain there), client which is connected to AP lost Internet connection. Why it happen ?

My setup require me to connect both PORT 1 and PORT 8 to access switch. Is there any method that I can use to use one port only ?

Thank you :)

newnetline Thu, 03/26/2009 - 08:34

You need a layer 3 device for routing WLAN into VLAN Network data.

Actions

This Discussion