cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI RP --> Hunt Pilot Display Names

ewilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find a way so that when a CTI RP that forwards to a Hunt Pilot is Dialled the Alerting name of the CTI RP shows on the Callers Phone even when it has forwarded to the Hunt Pilot. At the moment the name flashes up and then is replaced by the number of the HP. Is there anyway to achieve this??

It works fine the other way round so the phone being called see's the call as forwarded from the RP name but I want the caller to see the name up front as well so that they know what is happeneing to the call.

It's CM 6.1.3

8 Replies 8

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

configure the display/alerting name on the DN for the route-point.

MK

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

I'm also looking for this feature, but I think we'll have to wait until Cisco will add the Alerting in the Hunt Pilot configuration.

jp

In the CCM Administration page, go to:

1)Device--> CTI Route Point

2)Clink "Find" to list all existing Route Point (RP)

3)Edit the RP you would like to modify

4)At the bottom of the page under "Association Information", edit the Line (DN) which is configured for the RP

5)Under "Directory Number Information" find "Alerting Name" field.

6)in the "Alerting Name" field, enter the name of the RP that you want to be displayed

7)Click on "Save"

8)Click on "Reset"

MK

Thanks for your reply.

I already have this configured but it doesn't give me what I am looking for. I am looking for the Alerting name to show on the CALLING phone not the called. Is there anyway to do that do you know?

The following works only if the calling phones are internal.

Create an end user in the CCM with Route Points (RP) name. Associate the user with the CTI Route Point DN by cliking on the Device Associations button in the midle of the user page. Once the user (RP) is associated with the RP DN, all users will see the Alerting Name of the RP when they dial the RP DN nubmer. This will work exactly the same way that a user dials another user.

MK

ewilkinson wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I already have this configured but it doesn't give me what I am looking for. I am looking for the Alerting name to show on the CALLING phone not the called. Is there anyway to do that do you know?

Hi,

I am also looking for a solution for this. The CTI RP workaround does not seem to be working for "

Alerting name to show on the CALLING phone

"

Did anybody found a solution for this or do we have to wait Cisco to add this function to the hunt pilot numbers ?

rhoorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hunt Pilot Display names;

1. created line-group

2. created Hunt-list

3. created Hunt-Pilot

4.Create CTI Port, assign the Real Hunt Pilot number to CTI DN ,Alerting name and assign the option "Call Forward all" with the fake Hunt-pilot number.

incoming call:

CTI Port => CfwdAll to fake Hunt-Pilot => assigned IP Phones in Hunt group.

The Alerting name from de CTI port will be displayed on the IP Phones in the Hunt group.

I am trying to get this resolved as well. If I simply have the phone cover to the hunt pilot I get the Caller Id the way I would expect it...Forward (Calling Name) for Alerting name of phone that was called. Is there any way to get this for incoming external calls?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: