cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 Call Manager connection

wrayandnephew
Level 1
Level 1

I have ATA devices that register in Call Manager 4.0 but no dial tone on the analog lines.When you ring the ATA analog phones call manager gives a ring tone but the analog phone does not ring The ATA devices is at a remote site from the Call Manager. IP Phones work ok at the remote site. When you at the ATA 186 device as a phone and dial the number you get a busy signal. If you bring the ATA device on the same network as the call manager it works fine. I should not be a QoS issue since IP phones work ok from the remote site. I am wondering if duplex or speed or QoS is the issue.

11 Replies 11

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds to me like you have a codec issue. What is the value in the "Rxcodec" and "Txcodec"? If the ATA is remote, the value for both fields should be 3 which sets the codec to G729. You also need to set the codec to G.729 in the CallManager.

MK

How do is set this on the ATA device.The ATA device is in the correct Device pool and therefore has the correct codec which is G.729

You need to set the codec in the ATA as well. From the PC, open a Web browser and enter this URL: http:///dev

Set "Rxcodec" and "Txcodec" value to 3 which sets the codec to G729 in the ATA.

MK

http:///dev does no show any fields with "Rxcodec" and "Txcodec" The following is shown

UseTFTP

TFTPURL

AltTFTPFURL

DHCP

StaticIP

StaticRoute

StaticNetMask

DNS1IP

DNS2IP

OpFlags

VLANSetting

TOS

SwitchPorts

Domain

I am using ATA 186

The ATA device is configured for SCCP not H.323 config as in the link you gave

any thoughts ?

The LBRCodec is set to 3

How about the PrfCodec? Enter 3 as the value for PrfCodec and try it again.

MK

Cannot find Prfcodec value

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: