Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 Switches & SNMP

aryanadonis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have numerous routers and switches that we monitor with SNMP. The

only devices that do not display the proper inforamtion are the Cisco 3750 switch family. There are VLANs configured on the switches and we understood that 3750's had to have all the VLAN's "walked" to gather the desired information. We have tried the SNMP with both the VLANs and no VLANs, and neither configuration seems to work. We have used the tool "GetIF" to look at the SNMP information and even this does not show any MAC address infromation (i.e., what device MAC address is connected on that port). Could it be that we are missing some unique MIB for the 3750's? I saw articles on the Internet suggesting

that there are bugs with the SNMP prior to selected versions. Any help (sample code for PERL) would be greatly appreciated for the 3750's. Are there unique MIB #'s used by the 3750's? If there unique MIB #'s, I have not been able to find them even in GetIF.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is nothing special about the 3750s in terms of getting MAC addresses from the dot1dTpFdbTable. What would be helpful to see is a sniffer trace showing the SNMP requests you are using. It would also be helpful to see a show run and a show ver from one affected switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: