cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery System in CUCM 7.0

c.yeo
Level 1
Level 1

I finally got the SFTP server to accept my Publisher login for Disaster Recovery backup, however after each backup the backup does not seem to quit. The monitor says the backup was 100% successful; the files all appear to be present on the SFTP server, but going into any other menu item tells me the backup is still in progress.

The only fix seems to be manually going into CMServicability on the Publisher and restarting the Cisco DRF Master.

Anyone have any ideas why the backup will not shut down completely?

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Did you ever try to use a different SFTP server software? It could be that the SFTP server is not releasing the session.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

I tried to configure some other ones but kept hitting a wall. Cisco recommended (but doesn't support, obviously) the FreeSSHd application. I figures that one should be compabible.

Any other SFTP suggestions?

Both FreeFTPd and FreeSSHd should be good.

Michael

I installed and configured FreeSSHd as an administrator, and set the service to run as that users as the settings don't seem to be transparent between users.

At first I thought the problem of DRS not quitting was because I was testing with an interactive session (running FreeSSHd while logged in), but it seems to work the same was when it is running only as a service. This user does have rights to the target folder.

The files look like they all get transferred, including the .xml (which I beleive is the final file to transfer).

The Server Console indicate that the SFTP transfer is still running.

Has anyone got this working on CUCM 7.0(1)? Perhaps there is a bug?

but this isn't available on the Downloads site yet. I don't see any of those exact versions.

I am new to bug monitoring...would this be considered an Engineering release or would it be a standard release?