Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Public Key

Hi All,

I searched for this information everywhere but coulnd't find a definite answer so I was hoping to find one here. I know I can genereate and manually add public key to the router but can I use that key for my ssh connection? For example if I generate a key pair and copy public key to the router, can I set up the router to use that public key when allowing an ssh connection? So nobody elses but my public key would be allowed to connect to the router. I know I can genereate the rsa key pairs on the router and copy them between the two with the "crypto key pubkey-chain rsa" but can I apply that public key to ssh? Thanks as always!

1 Reply 1

cisco24x7
Level 6
Level 6

This is NOT possible on Cisco IOS and ASA, to my knowledge. If you want to achieve something like that, use other vendors such as Nokia or Checkpoint Secureplatform. Those products have full-blown ssh functionalties

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: