CCSP Exam Certification Tool Broken?

Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2009

Hello,

So far I have passed SND, SNPA, IPS, and HIPS. I wasn't able to pass the old SNRS before it retired (642-503) and am planning on taking the new one soon (642-504). I recently discovered the CCSP Exam Certification Tool and entered my info and am getting conflicting results. Depending on the order I enter all four tests I have passed so far, it says I only need to pass SNRS, or both SNRS and SNAF under the "Need to take and pass:" column. When I get it to say I only need to pass SNRS, I click SNRS, and then SNAF pops up as a requirement. That would be six tests in total! Can anybody please confirm that I will have completed the CCSP curriculum if I pass 642-504.

In short, will I fulfill the CCSP requirements having passed:

SND

SNPA

IPS

HIPS

SNRS (642-504)

If anybody can shed some light I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Chris

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Wed, 03/25/2009 - 06:17

Hi Chris,

This CCSP Tool is broken :(

Cisco Certified Security Professional Prerequisite

CCNA Security

OR

CCNA + SND*

*Last day for using this pre-requisite is November 17, 2011.

The Cisco exam Securing Network Devices (SND), and the elective exam Securing Hosts Using Cisco Security Agent (HIPS) are now retired effective November 17, 2008. Candidates testing for their CCSP certification, who have passed the SND or HIPS exams may use them towards their certification for three years from the day on which they passed the test.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html

Because you passed the SND exam before it expired then the "old" 4 (required) + 1 (elective) combination of the exams below would be required;

642-504 SNRS Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SNRS)

642-524 SNAF Securing Networks with ASA Foundation (SNAF)

642-533 IPS Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)

Elective Exam(s) Elective Training

642-591 CANAC

OR

642-545 MARS

OR

642-515 SNAA

The only exam that you should require is;

642-504 SNRS Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SNRS)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion