Helpful
Replies

error in LMS email notification...pls help

sumitsept3
Level 1
Level 1

This is the error we are getting,

E-Mail Notification

Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/Notification/NewEmailSubscription.jsp!!!Cannot find bean NewSubscription in scope null

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of DFM are you using?

Version & Patch Level:(DFM)

Please post the NOSServer.log and the output of pdreg -l NOSServer.

output of pdreg -l NOSServer

Process = NOSServer

Path = C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe

Flags = -server -cp:p MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\lo

g4j.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\nos.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triven

i\WEB-INF\lib\ctm.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-client.jar,MDC\

tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\cogs.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\l

ib\ogs-kc1.0.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\ogs-kilnervirtualasa1.0.

jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\activation.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\tri

veni\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar,MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\tis-client.jar,

MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\lib\pm.jar,lib\classpath\jconn2.jar,lib\class

path\epm-v0-5-0.jar,lib\classpath\cesar-v0-5-0b.jar,MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE

.jar,MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar,MDC\bin,objects\nos\config,MDC\tomcat\webapp

s\triveni\WEB-INF\classes, -cw:jre C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\MDC\jre -cw:xrs -Djava.co

mpiler=NONE com.cisco.nm.trx.nos.server.NOSServer

Startup = Started automatically at boot.

Dependencies = EPMDbEngine EPMServer INVDbEngine PMServer DFMOGSServer

and fine output of NOSServer.log attached

This looks fine. Try shutting down Daemon Manager, then delete all files and directories under NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost. Then restart Daemon Manager, and see if the problem persists.

how can i shut down Daemon Manager (windows based server).

and where will i find directories....NMSROOT.......

Pls advise

You can shutdown Daemon Manager with the command:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT is the path into which LMS was installed. This appears to be C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on your system.

yes, i did.....but result is the same.....i could see the alerts in Device Fault Manager

Alerts and Activities

But they are not getting delivered to local computer.....

Are you still seeing the same JSP error when you go to your Email Notification Subscription page? Go to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Logging, and enable Notification Services debugging. Wait until some new events appear in AAD, then post the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/NOS/nos.log.

yes , i am still facing the same problem. Please find the NOS.log attached

yes , i am still facing the same problem. Please find the NOS.log attached

Well, there is definitely a problem sending email, but that problem does not appear to be with NOSServer. Start a sniffer trace filtering on TCP port 25 traffic to your SMTP server. Wait until some new events are generated in AAD. The good news is NOSServer is seeing those events, and trying to send email. So you should get some packets in your trace. The trace should indicate why the email is failing. My guess is the SMTP server is not allowing mail relaying from the DFM server.

how could i do sniffer test, please advise .... (any specific software required)

You can use the Packet Capture feature within Device Center in LMS. Alternatively, you could use Wireshark from http://www.wireshark.org.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: